Amla Murabba is a major recipe of India. It is easily made in every household in India. Along with Vitamin C, many other good elements are found in Amla Murabba which gives immunity to our body.
Amla ka murabba is quite easy to make and can be made with sugar or jaggery. In today’s blog we will tell you how you can make it at your home.
If you like this post then please share it with your friends.
Ingredients to make Amla Murabba:
- Amla (cut into thumb size): 500 grams
- Sugar: 500 grams (or as per your choice)/ jaggery
- Water: 1 cup
- Bay leaves: 2-3
Amla Murabba Recipe
First of all, wash Amla thoroughly with water 2 to 3 times and then keep it soaked in water. Later, when the water comes out of it, it has to be dried and after drying, each Amla has to be kneaded properly with a forked spoon. The better you knead it, the more sugar syrup will soak into it and the better it will become. Just be careful that the prickly spoon does not touch your hand.
Now take enough water in another vessel to submerge all the gooseberries and put it on the gas to boil. When the water starts boiling, put all the gooseberries in it. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes, and then turn off the gas. After about 10 minutes you will remove all the water from it.
Now take sugar or jaggery in the pan and add all the gooseberries, add half a cup of water and cook it on low flame. The flame has to be kept low so that the sugar melts slowly. If this is done too fast then the sugar may burn. Now the gooseberry has to be mixed in sugar and this work will have to be done for about 20 to 25 minutes.
When the syrup starts thickening, then to check it, stick it between the thumb and finger, if a string of syrup is formed then the syrup is correct. Eating means that the syrup should not be too much or too thin.
Now take out the Amla and keep it in some other vessel and after the syrup cools down, add spices as per your choice like cardamom or bay leaf and look at it after 2 to 3 days. Now the Amla is immersed in the syrup and all the insides are filled with the syrup and now this Amla Murabba is completely ready to eat.
The better you prepare it, the longer you can use it. Mainly Amla Murabba can be used for 2 -3 months.
Precautions while making Amla Murabba
- Amla should be washed thoroughly so that no impurities remain on it.
- Keep in mind the amount of sugar you have to add. Too much sugar can make the marmalade too sweet.
- Add the bay leaves at the right time, so that they get mixed well and enhance the flavour.
- Individuals suffering from diabetes should consult their doctor, as it may be important to adjust the amount of sugar to suit their needs.
Benefits of Amla Murabba
- Amla murabba, which contains plenty of vitamin C, helps strengthen the immune system, making it easier to fight diseases.
- Amla murabba can help you digest food better by improving digestion and provide relief from gas and indigestion.
- The antioxidants included in it liberate your body, keeping your skin and hair healthy and reducing the signs of aging.
- Regular consumption of Amla Murabba helps in controlling blood sugar levels, which makes it possible to control diabetes.
- The anti-oxidants found in Amla Murabba help maintain heart health and may be helpful in reducing heart related problems.
- Consuming Amla Murabba during pregnancy can be beneficial for pregnant women, as it contains folate and other nutritional elements.
- Consuming Amla Murabba keeps the body fresh and helps in reducing lethargy and fatigue.
- Vitamin C present in Amla Murabba may help maintain brain health and boost focus.
Frequently Asked Questions related to Amla Murabba
Question: What materials are required to make it?
Answer: It requires Amla, sugar, water and bay leaves.
Question: How to make Amla Murabba?
Answer: Amla Murabba can be made by boiling Amla, mixing it with sugar and spices and then cooling it.
Question: What nutrients does it contain?
Answer: Amla Murabba contains nutritional elements like Vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants.
Question: Can it be given to children?
Answer: Yes, it should be given to children in a certain quantity, but in less quantity according to the age and health of the children.
Q: How long can it be kept?
Answer: Amla Murabba can be used for 2-3 months by keeping it in a cool and dry place.
Question: Are there benefits of eating it?
Answer: Yes, Amla Murabba can help strengthen the immune system, improve digestion, and provide energy to the body.
Question: Is it safe for diabetic patients?
Answer: Diabetics should consult a doctor before eating it, as changing the amount of sugar may be necessary.
Question: In what quantity should it be consumed?
Answer: It is advisable to eat Amla Murabba in small quantities during the day. Avoid consuming excessive amounts.
Similar blog posts are continuously uploaded on our website Airynews.com. For more details click here.