Today we are going to make Soyabean momos. Soybean is beneficial for health and it is also not harmful for the health of children. Children’s mouth starts watering as soon as they hear the name of Momos. Not only children but adults also like it.
- 2 cups Refined flour ( Maida )
- 2 teaspoons refined oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup soybean, soaked and ground
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- salt as per taste
- 2 large red tomatoes
- 6 -7 red chillies
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar / 1/4 lemon
- salt as per taste
How to make Soyabean Momos
First of all, to prepare the flour, add salt and oil to the flour and mix well. After that add little water and knead. After kneading, cover it with a cotton cloth and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pan. After the oil is hot, add finely chopped ginger and garlic, after frying a little, add chopped onions. Add carrots and capsicum and fry until it turns golden.
Now add ground soybean and mix. Add salt and garam masala and fry well for 5-6 minutes. Now soybean masala is ready, cover it and let it cool.
Make a big ball from the kneaded dough. Roll out the dough thinly like a puri, and with the help of a gloss take out small puris. Fill soybean masala in it and close it from all sides, now continue in the same manner.
Put water in a steamer and let it heat. When the water starts boiling, put the momos in the steamer and cover it. Stream for 10 -15 minutes. Now your soybean momos are ready.
Soya bean momos chutney
Pour water in a pan, when the water starts boiling, add red chillies and chopped tomatoes in it. After 2-3 minutes, take it out. Now remove the peel of the tomato and put the red chillies in a mixer and grind it.
Pour oil in a pan, add finely chopped ginger and garlic and fry. Add grated tomatoes. Add vinegar and soya sauce and mix. Now add salt and cook well for 10-15 minutes. Now serve hot soybean momos with chutney.
Precautions related to Soyabean momos recipe
- Soak soybean well, grind it and add spices as per taste. Cook the soybean completely so that it can be rolled easily.
- Take care of the right amount of water to knead the dough. Roll the kneaded dough gently so that momos are formed in the right shape.
- Mix spices well in soybean filling so that it becomes tasty. Cool the filling so that it is ready to make momos.
- Give proper time to steam the momos. Momos can get fat in more time.
- Prepare the chutney as per taste. Some people like cold chutney and some like hot chutney, so choose appropriate chutney at the time of serving.
Soyabean momos recipe FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1.What are soyabean momos?
Soyabean Momos are a nutritious and delicious dish made from soybeans and steamed like momos.
2. How to prepare soybean?
Wash and boil soyabean and then chop finely and use it to make chutney.
3. How to make momos?
Make momos by mixing soybean mixture with flour and then steam or fry them.
4. How to serve soybean momos?
Serve hot soyabean momos with mint chutney or tomato chutney.
5. Some suggestions to take this recipe forward.
To make soyabean momos more delicious, you can use onion, garlic, and spices.
6. Can it be fed to children?
Yes, Soyabean momos are very good for children and it provides them with protein.
7. Can I make it in advance?
Yes, you can make soybean momos in advance and freeze them and heat them and serve them whenever you want.
8. Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, this recipe is suitable for vegetarians as it contains soybean which is a good nutritional source.
Similar blog posts are continuously uploaded on our website Airynews.com. For more details click here.